D. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RECOGNITION SUBCOMMITTEE
The Professional Development and Recognition Subcommittee encourages P&A to participate in professional development opportunities and recognizes the contributions of P&A and units that demonstrate exemplary practices with regard to P&A.
The Professional Development and Recognition Subcommittee shall be composed of at least 5 P&A members, including P&A Senate members, P&A Senate alternate members, and P&A at large.
Duties and Responsibilities
a. To promote and encourage professional development opportunities for P&A campus-wide.
b. To recognize the contributions of units that demonstrate exemplary support of P&A through the Outstanding Unit Award.
c. To recognize contributions of P&A through award nominations and campus-wide announcements.
d. To promote sharing of best practices regarding P&A professional development.
e. To advocate for P&A inclusion in existing University award programs and development of new award programs specifically for P&A.
f. To generate and prioritize a list of annual goals and submit an annual report.
g. To recommend to the P&A Consultative Committee such actions or policies as it deems appropriate.
2013-14 Meeting Schedule
The PD&R Subcommittee meetings are held on the following Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00 pm unless otherwise noted:
- October 9, Room 10, Education Sciences Bldg, East Bank and Google Hangout
- November 13, Room 325, Education Sciences Bldg, East Bank and Google Hangout
- January 17, 1:00-3:00 pm, 238A Morrill Hall and Google Hangout
- February 11, 2:00-3:00 pm, Room 10, Education Sciences Bldg, East Bank and Google Hangout
- March 11, Room 10, Education Sciences Bldg, East Bank and Google Hangout
- April 15, 10:00-11:00 am, Room 10, Education Sciences Bldg, East Bank and Google Hangout