DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this abstract was prepared for purposes of general guidance only. Its contents do not represent the views of the Regents of the University of Minnesota, the University of Minnesota Faculty Senate Judicial Committee ("SJC"), or any other University of Minnesota-related entity. Because faculty rights and obligations to the University of Minnesota change over time, neither the SJC nor the University treat decisions in previous SJC cases as controlling future cases.
Case abstracts are available in the following locations:
- Wilson Library, Twin Cities
- Kiehle Library, Crookston
- Campus Library, Duluth
- Rodney A. Briggs Library, Morris
- Judicial Committee Secretary, 425 Morrill Hall, Twin Cities
Abstracts are separated into the following categories with the number of cases listed after the category:
- Dismissal/suspension for cause of a non-regular appointment prior to end of appointment--3
- Dismissal/suspension for cause of a regular appointment--25
- Academic freedom--9
- Non-promotion in faculty rank--22
- Non-reappointment of a regular probationary appointment (i.e. denial of tenure/non-renewal before the final probationary year)--116
- Non-renewal of a non-regular appointment--17
CONTACT THE SECRETARY OF THE COMMITTEE, 612-626-8743, FOR MORE INFORMATION.