About University Relations
Our charge from President Kaler
- Rethink the role of communications across the University of Minnesota so that our reputation reflects the full excellence of the University.
- Build a compelling communications proposition that our colleges and departments will seek out.
- Focus on outcomes and strategy, rather than functions.
- Do these things in a way that provides a higher level of effectiveness at a lower level of cost.
We accept that charge and will accomplish it by
- sharing values of collaboration, innovation, trust, and excellence;
- building a culture that is influential, bold and innovative, and unified;
- overcoming potential barriers of undefined goals. disjointed priorities, limited resources, and being anchored in the past;
- capturing opportunities to break down our walls, set clear goals and strategies—and then achieve them, lead University communications, and team with partners inside and outside the University.
Achieving our core purpose
To promote, extend, and protect the reputation of the University of Minnesota.