Home > Public Guides > How To Connect 10.5.x Macintosh Clients
How To Connect 10.5.x Macintosh Clients to UMNAD file shares
- Click on the Go menu and choose Connect to Server...
- In the Server Address field, type your unit's share path. This can be obtained from your local technical support staff. Be sure to declare the smb protocol (e.g. smb://sharepath.ad.umn.edu/sharepath$).
- When prompted, enter you Internet ID and password.
- The network share will appear as a network drive in any finder window.
- You may need your X.500 password resynced if your password works for e-mail but not for AD authentication. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a password resync.
- Verify that Kerberos port 88 UDP & TCP is open on your network.
- Delete any related login keychains in Keychain Access within Applications\Utilities.