Photo Upload - Upload The Photo Of Your Choice
& Save Time During Orientation!
We will notifiy you via your U of M email that your photo has been accepted or if you will need to resubmit.
Please allow up to 3 weeks for review of your photo at this time
Taking a photo with most smart phones/ devices works well!
- At least 600 pixels by 600 pixels or 2” x 2” photo in JPEG format
- Use of a plain white, off-white or light gray background, free of patterns, objects, textures, etc. (No trees, bricks, windows, grass, stairs, etc.)
- Image of face and shoulders facing forward. Do NOT zoom in on face. Leave space around the sides of your face and the top of your head
- Clear image in color without any added filters, effects or clipart.
Use good lighting. No overexposed photos
- A clear, unobstructed, front view of the full head and shoulders. No hands can be touching the face or in the image. Eyes must be open
- A photo of the student alone in normal street attire with no hats, sunglasses, hand symbols or pets in photo (religious head coverings are acceptable)
- Recent (less than one year old)
If you are using a photo previously taken and you have to crop it down to look like the example above, please be aware cropped photos can become pixilated and will not be accepted.
Photo Upload Photo Example
WAIT! Are you about to submit your senior photo?
While Grandma and Grandpa may love your scenic background, that photo will NOT work for us. Please use a completely white,
off-white or light gray background for your photo.
Have you already submitted your photo?
If you previously submitted your photo and you do not know
if your photo has been accepted or rejected,
please check your U of M email.
Can I have my preferred name printed on my U Card?
Yes. If you would like to have your preferred name printed on your U Card you will need to go to your MyU - My Info - Click The Edit Pencil By Your Name - Add A New Name - Select Preferred Name and then fill in your preferred name. If you currently have a U Card please refer to our replacement policy. You will need to update your preferred name 24 hours prior to uploading your U Card photo. If you do not plan to upload your U Card photo be sure to update your preferred name 24 hours prior to your orientation date.
*If you have already submitted your photo and it has not been approved yet, you may still change your preferred name up until May 1st, 2015.