Recommended Card Care
An issue date is printed on your U Card because it never expires so you should take care of it. A replacement fee may be assessed for lost, stolen or damaged
- Always store your U Card the Tyvek card sleeve you receive when you obtain your U Card. Additional card sleeves are available free of charge at the U Card Office.
Or purchase a soft or hard plastic card holder (pictured below) from the
U Card Office.
- Never allow your U Card to be used as collateral for University services as there may be
financial value or access to campus services associated with it.
- Never turn in your U Card at the end of employment or classes.
- Never allow your U Card to be retained for on or off campus services.
- Never leave your U Card on your dashboard or in the sun.
- Never allow your U Card's magnetic stripes to be scratched by sharp objects, like keys or
- Never allow your U Card's magnetic stripe to touch another cards' magnetic stripe. The U Card could be demagnetized and/or the other cards could be demagnetized.
- Never bend your U Card.
- Never punch holes in your U Card.
- Never apply tape or stickers to your U Card.
My U Card was…
lost, damaged, stolen, won’t "work," won’t swipe.
What should I do?
Click to visit the Replacements page.
Plastic Card Holders for Sale at the U Card Office: