Main navigation | Main content
Students enrolled in online courses only at UMC must be registered for classes a minimum of one day (24 hours) prior to obtaining a U Card.
Note: University entitlements are based on current status, not future status.
Obtaining Your U Card:
As an online student, you can obtain your U Card (1) in person or (2) via the U.S. Mail.
(1) In person: You can visit our office to obtain your U Card in person. When you do be prepared to have your picture taken. Digital photos are taken as part of the card issuance process. Also, make sure you bring a government issued photo ID, (Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, Tribal ID or passport are accepted), which must be presented at the time of issuance.
(2) Via the U.S. Mail: Students enrolled in online classes only through UMC may submit a current (taken within the last year), standard size (2"x2" up to 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"), passport quality photo (use photo quality guidelines below) and a copy of a valid government issued photo ID (Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, Tribal ID or passport). Photos and copies of government issued photo IDs can be submitted via U.S. Mail to:
Office of the Registrar (OTR)
Hill Hall 9
2900 University Avenue
Crookston, MN 56716
Or email your submission (.jpg or jpeg files only, please) to:
• in color
• taken with a plain/neutral (off-white or tan) background
• a clear, unobstructed, front view of the full face that is a representation of the true appearance of the card holder
• taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses
• without facial or hand gestures or foreign objects (i.e. trees, additional people, animals, sporting equipment) included in the photo
Please keep in mind, your first U Card is free, however there is a replacement fee for lost, damaged or stolen U Cards. A new photo will be required each time a replacement U Card is issued for security purposes.