U Card Office Crookston
Main navigation |
Welcome Staff & Faculty!
Criteria to obtain your U Card:
- Faculty, academic staff, staff, retired faculty, retired academic staff, retired staff and Regents must be entered into PeopleSoft. (This includes both paid and unpaid appointments.)
- A good indication that you are in PeopleSoft and are ready to obtain a U Card is when you have received an official University e-mail address and/or are listed in the online directory. You may also call the U Card Office (218-281-8548) to verify that you’re in the system before you visit our office.
- When you arrive to get your U Card, a government issued photo ID must be presented. Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, Tribal ID or passports are accepted.
- Your first U Card is free, however there is a replacement fee for lost, damaged or stolen U Cards.
- Digital photos are taken as part of the card issuance process.
- A new photo will be taken each time a replacement U Card is issued for security purposes.
- U Card photos must be an unobstructed, front view of the full face that is a representation of the true appearance of the card holder.
- Photo must be taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses.
- No facial or hand gestures or foreign objects are to be included in the photo.
Working Off Campus?
Employees who qualify for a U Card and are located more than 50 miles from the Crookston campus should contact the U Card Office. You will be allowed to submit a current, standard sized (2”x2”), passport quality photo to a sponsor within your department. The sponsor should forward the photo, along with any necessary paperwork based on the role descriptions above to the U Card Office. Your photo will be scanned and a U Card will be produced and sent back to the department sponsor for distribution to you. For security reasons, it is essential a departmental liaison be involved in this process (individuals may not send their photo directly to the U Card Office). Employees who work less than 50 miles from the Crookston campus can visit the Morris U Card Office. Click on the Hours & Locations page for more information.