UPS procedures during U of M winter closure
- If you are expecting a package that is likely to arrive during the furlough, please ask the shipper to enter your email address and send a Quantum View notification when they process your package. This will enable you to know the tracking number of the shipment you are expecting.
- If your building is closed and you are expecting a package and need to take delivery, please call UPS at 1-800-pick-ups and have your tracking number available prior to the delivery date/time. Request that the package be held for pick up at the UPS facility.
- When tracking your shipment and a delivery has already been attempted, an exception will be noted on the package that it was not able to be delivered due to the business being closed. Packages that are not delivered can be picked up at the UPS terminal at 3312 Broadway NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413.
- If UPS is unable to complete delivery during the winter closure and you have neither picked up at the terminal location nor redirected the delivery, UPS will hold the packages for a reattempt on January 3, 2011.
- Packages that do not reach recipients after three failed attempts are returned to the shipper.