Academic Task Force - College Design: CHE/CEHD
(Feb. 10, 2006)
To create a plan for integrating Family Social Science and the School of Social Work into a new College of Education and Human Development to create new and enhanced academic synergies and cross-disciplinary approaches to research, teaching and public engagement involving critical issues that face the state and nation involving children, youth and families with a goal of becoming an international and national leader in multidisciplinary research, teaching, and public engagement, consistent with the University’s goal to become one of the top three public research universities in the world.
- Recommendations regarding the optimal design, structure, and organization of the new college.
- Recommendations regarding a longer-term strategic plan and strategies for the development of the college.
- Recommendations regarding how to enhance multidisciplinary research in the new college and with other collegiate units.
- Recommendations regarding areas of strength and comparative advantage, including areas that should be targeted for additional investment, consistent with the University’s goal to become one of the top three public research universities in the world.
- Recommendations as to how the University can best leverage its current and potential academic advantages, including in new and evolving disciplines.
- Recommendations regarding whether and under what circumstances the college should consider offering applied doctorates.
- Recommendations on how the new college can be a model for the promotion of active public engagement.
- Recommendations regarding the name and mission of the new college.
Report due: December 10, 2005
Task force charge letter from E. Thomas Sullivan, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Task Force Cochairs
- Jean Quam, Professor and Director School of Social Work CHE
- David W. Chapman, Director, Postsecondary Education Policy Studies Center, and Professor Ed Policy/Admin, CEHD
Task Force Members
|Graduate student, School of Social Work, CHE
|| Professor and Chair, Institute for Child Development, CEHD
|| Professor, Curriculum & Instruction, CEHD
Director, Financial Services Office, CHE
||Professor, Family Social Science, CHE
|| Professor, Family Medicine & Comm Health, Medical
|| Project Director, Education to Workforce, “Initiative, Midwest” Higher Education Compact
|David R. Johnson
|| Professor and Director, Institute on Community Integration, CEHD
[return to Task Forces]
Administrative Structure and College Design task forces to coordinate with one another.