Faculty/Staff Contract Parking
This option is available to University faculty and staff who work a minimum of 75% time. (Contract parking for University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview staff is handled through the hospital parking department. Call 612-273-6674 for further information.)
- Access to your assigned facility 24/7 (At most locations;contract holders without 24/7 access in their assigned facility are provided with evening and weekend access at a nearby location).
- Unlimited entry and exit (seven football Saturdays may require re-location of some parking contracts).
- Easy convenient payment through a payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis. Contract Payment Schedule
- Reciprocal parking privileges – This allows you to park on a space available basis in specific locations on a campus other than his/her assigned facility during regular business hours, Monday - Friday. Reciprocal space is not guaranteed. When event rates are in effect, space availability is at the discretion of the parking attendant on duty. View reciprocal parking locations.
- Standard Contract Terms and Conditions
Lots – $67.75 per month; Ramps – $100.75 per month; Garages – $131.75 per month.
The monthly parking rate is calculated from the annual rate divided over 12 months. The bi-weekly rate is the annual rate divided by the amount of pay periods in the parking year (October 1 thru September 30). See Payroll Deduction Schedule
How To Get a Staff/Faculty Parking Contract
- Decide where you want to park.
Sign up on the parking contract waiting list.
- Use the free campus shuttles to transport you from your parking location to your campus destination.
- Tip: To help you determine your selection, review the Facility Waiting List Summary.
- The Summary can be sorted by name, location, monthly rate or waiting list size.
Add or delete your name from a facility list or change your parking selection at any time by logging back into the waiting list.
- U of M employees are able to be on ONE waiting list at a time.
- In a few locations, parking contracts are immediately available. Most locations, however, have a waiting period.
- Individuals are able to have a parking contract AND be on one waiting list at the same time.
- Parking contract openings are filled from the waiting list in the order they were received.
If "Buy Now" is showing, then go to Your Waiting List and click the Review Facility List button. You should find a Buy Now button on the left.
Your Parking Contract Waiting List
Parking Contract Waiting List Method
- When an opening occurs, the person at the top of that particular facility waiting list will be contacted and offered a parking contract in that specific facility.
- The individual is not obligated to accept the offer.
- If the individual has a parking contract in another University facility, they may transfer their active contract to the new facility at the new facility rate.
- Once the contract offer is accepted, faculty/staff will receive their keycard/hangtag at their home address or they may pick it up at the PTS administrative office.
Special Reciprocal Parking – In certain instances, permits may be issued at locations not included in the regular reciprocal parking program. Special reciprocal permits are issued for teaching or research purposes. Please e-mail a request including the reason for the permit, days and times you need it, name of the building where you will be teaching, and your current contract information to email@example.com. Requests must be renewed annually.
Reserved Parking Stall – (numbered stalls in some locations, Monday - Friday, 6 am - 6 pm). This optional program is being phased out in University parking facilities through attrition.
Annual Parking Contract Newsletter
Staff/Faculty Annual Parking Contract Newsletter 2014-15
To help you determine your selection on the waiting list, review the Facility Waiting List Summary. The Summary can be sorted by name, location, monthly rate or waiting list size.
Contract parkers should be able to park in their assigned facility even during events (football games are the exception). If there is a space miscalculation, PTS staff should be available to re-direct contract parkers to another location without any charge.
Click on the box above for details on campus safety initiatives.