Need a vehicle for a short period of time? We can set you up with the vehicle that is right for your particular requirements.
MAKE A RESERVATION ONLINE
For assistance, call 612-625-3033.
Dispatch Hours (for picking up a rental vehicle):
6:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday - Friday
7:00 am - Noon, Sunday
24-Hour Voyager Fleet Road Side Assistance (for rental vehicles)
Find the phone number in two places:
on the rental agreement you signed
- on the back of the fuel credit card
7:45 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
The Fleet Services Building, 901-29th Avenue SE (both the shop and rental operations) is closed on all University holidays.
Fleet Services is CLOSED on Saturdays and vehicles may not be picked up on Saturdays.
- Reasonable rates
- Parking for customer's personal vehicle
- Fuel purchases included
- Full insurance coverage
- Direct EFS/PeopleSoft billing
What We Need From You
- Type of vehicle (car, minivan, cargo van, pickup or larger truck)
- Your destination
- Date and time of your pick-up and return
- Contact Person/Phone Number
- Department Name
- EFS/PeopleSoft Account Number
- EFS/PeopleSoft Accounting Person/Phone Number
Do you need to park your rental vehicle on the Twin Cities campus? A Temporary Official Vehicle permit costs $6.00 per day and allows for overnight parking, if needed.
Do you need to park your personal vehicle while you're using the rental car? You can park for free in the spaces marked "Rental Customer Parking Only" or on the north side of the Fleet building during your rental timeframe.
What to do if your trip ends after the Fleet office has closed? Fill out the Trip Sheet you received when you picked up the rental vehicle and place that completed form with the keys into the After-Hours drop box on the side of the building near the car wash.
- All drivers must be on the university payroll. If not, they must be a student or volunteer with written permission from the head of the renting department. All drivers must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid driver's license from one of the 50 states or Canada. We accept restricted driver's licenses.
- The person picking up a vehicle must present his/her driver's license. All other drivers must have their name and driver's license number on the rental agreement.
- The only passengers allowed in any vehicle are those on official university business. No exceptions.
- All accidents must be reported, whether or not there was any damage done to the university vehicle.
- Renters are liable for all damage to the vehicle, whether or not it is accident related. Fleet Services will only reimburse the cost of damages when an accident report is filed and the claim is approved by insurance.
- A vehicle cannot be dispatched without the necessary approval(s) and documentation.