Seeking a vehicle for your department/area operations? From cars to garbage trucks, PTS Fleet has you covered. By letting us handle the paperwork, you can save yourself time and money.
- No up-front costs.
- Lease payments are charged to operating accounts and spread over the term of the lease. Large expenditures in a single budgetary year are avoided.
- License is included in the monthly lease fee.
- On TC campus vehicles, mileage rates include maintenance and repairs, preventative maintenance scheduling, roadside assistance and free replacement vehicle.
- Additional vehicle equipment can be included in the lease.
- Open-ended leases can be terminated with a 90-day written notice after the first year of the lease.
- You have the flexibility to exchange your vehicle if another one is available.
- Leased vehicles are generally newer than departmentally purchased vehicles.
How It Works
- Determine your time commitment.
- Minimum lease period is one year and can be terminated with a 90-day written notice.
- Order your vehicle. Contact Joseph Dahip at 612-624-1083 to order your preferred vehicle or work with us to find the right one for you.
- Typically, a new vehicle is ordered. You decide the vehicle color and options.
- Occasionally, vehicles are available for immediate lease.
- At times, an interim vehicle may be available for your use until your new vehicle arrives.
- Pick-up your vehicle at the PTS Fleet Building, 901-29th Avenue SE
- Our office will contact you once the vehicle arrives. The lease agreement must be completed and signed before the vehicle leaves the lot.
- Leasing charges are billed monthly through eStatements.
- If you need a parking contract for the Twin Cities campus, contact Customer Service at 612-626-7275.
- PTS Fleet will need written authorization from the department head to lease a vehicle.
- Minimum term of all leases is one year.
- The monthly billing includes a period charge and mileage fee (on TC campus vehicles only). Insurance is billed separately on a monthly basis.
- All drivers must be on the university payroll. If not, they must be a student or volunteer with written permission from the head of the renting department. All drivers must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid driver's license from one of the 50 states or Canada. We accept restricted driver's licenses. Drivers of 15 passenger vans must have completed a two-hour driver training course.
- The only passengers allowed in any vehicle are those on official university business. No exceptions.
- All accidents must be reported, whether or not there was any damage done to the university vehicle.
- Lessee is liable for all damage to the vehicle, whether or not it is accident related. Fleet Services will only reimburse the cost of damages when an accident report is filed and the claim is approved by insurance.
- Maintenance on TC campus vehicles is to be done in the PTS Fleet shop except in the case of emergencies.