- Light rail trains are quiet. Listen for bells and horns to alert you to an oncoming train.
- Wait for the train behind the yellow line on the platform.
- Cross tracks only at the ends of the platform.
- Skateboarding, rollerblading and riding bikes on light rail platforms is not permitted.
(See more on light rail safety)
- Wait for the bus a safe distance back from the road.
- Do not step into the roadway until the bus has stopped and the door has opened.
- Use the handrail when boarding and exiting.
- Cross in front of a bus at least 10 feet ahead so the driver can see you.
- Special areas are designated for elderly customers and those with disabilities. Please surrender these seats when needed.
- Never stick your arms or legs in the doors to prevent them from closing.
- Never put your head, arms or hands out of the window.
- Keep aisles clear of feet, books, bags, etc.
- Allow other passengers to exit before you board.
- Never leave any personal belonging unattended. Carry your valuables inside your garment. Securely clasp your purse or bag.
- Pickpockets often work in tandem. Be aware if you are bumped or squeezed between people.