Bike Theft Prevention
- Always lock your bike.
- Bring an inexpensive bike to campus.
- For maximum protection, use a U-lock.
- If you have quick-release hubs, don't forget to lock your wheels and seatpost.
- Park in a well-traveled, well-lit area.
- Write down your bike's serial number for matching in case of theft.
- Alert the police of suspicious activity.
Register your property:
Additional Safety Information
Make sure the U-lock passes through the center of the frame as well as both wheels!
Click on the box above for details on campus safety initiatives.