Rules of the Road
- Always ride as far right as serves your destination.
- Never ride on campus sidewalks (unless designated as a bike lane with pavement markings).
- Obey all traffic signs, signals and laws.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Most campus bike lanes are one-way only. Bikers must ride in the direction of traffic.
- Watch for designated areas to dismount and walk your bike.
- Always lock your bike (follow theft prevention tips).
- Don’t lock bikes to handrails, trees, fences, bus shelters or anything other than bike racks. Illegally parked bikes will be tagged and removed. To reclaim your bike, contact the PTS office.
- Headlights and reflectors are required by Minnesota law for night riding.
Full text version of the Minnesota Bicycle laws and statutes