Rules of the Road
- Always ride as far right as serves your destination.
- Never ride on campus sidewalks (unless designated as a bike lane with pavement markings).
- Obey all traffic signs, signals and laws.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Most campus bike lanes are one-way only. Bikers must ride in the direction of traffic.
- Watch for designated areas to dismount and walk your bike.
- Always lock your bike (follow theft prevention tips).
- Don’t lock bikes to handrails, trees, fences, bus shelters or anything other than bike racks. Illegally parked bikes are subject to tag and removal. To reclaim your bike, contact the PTS office.
- Headlights and reflectors are required by Minnesota law for night riding.
Full text version of the Minnesota Bicycle laws and statutes
More on Bike Safety