Friends of Eastcliff
Continuing the Legacy
Private gifts help fund special undertakings and ensure Eastcliff's continuing role as a gracious venue for University meetings and receptions. While the University of Minnesota covers routine maintenance costs such as painting and other basic projects, additional private funding supports renovations and upkeep beyond basic maintenance.
Currently, two volunteer committees oversee Eastcliff's maintenance and renovations. The Technical Advisory Committee comprised of consultants from various University departments, recommends capital improvements, maintenance and repairs. The Friends of Eastcliff Committee includes private citizens along with University representatives who direct all fund-raising for projects not funded by the University. Both of these distinguished committees report directly to the Board of Regents. Notable projects under their guidance include:
- Renovation and furnishing of the living, dining, garden and entertainment rooms
- Renovation of the carriage house and summer house
- Preservation of the main house exterior
- Donation of a Steinway piano
- Landscape lighting to enhance the grounds for evening functions
- Installation of an elevator for ADA compliance
The Friends of Eastcliff Book Club provides an opportunity for members of the University of Minnesota community to share literature and ideas at Eastcliff, the historic home of the University's president and his family.
Karen Kaler, with the support of the Friends of Eastcliff, enjoys showcasing University of Minnesota authors who are faculty, staff, alumni, and those who have a strong connection to the University. She welcomes your involvement in the book club discussions and activities throughout the year.
Continue the Tradition
There are several ways to be a part of the continuing preservation and enhancement of Eastcliff:
- Join the Friends of Eastcliff. Friend: $100 individuals, $150 couples; Supporters: $500 individuals, $750 couples; Patrons: $1,000 individual, $1,500 couples.
- Donate a one-time gift towards a special project or Eastcliff's endowment. Ambassadors: $5,000 or more; Benefactors: $10,000 or more.
- Make an in-kind gift of art, silver service or other furnishings. If interested, contact the Eastcliff Management Office at 612-626-2400.
Please send checks payable to the University of Minnesota Foundation, Eastcliff Legacy Fund, 200 Oak Street SE, Suite 500, Minneapolis, MN 55455. Donations can also be made securely online at giving.umn.edu.
Inquiries about the Friends of Eastcliff can be directed to the University of Minnesota Foundation at 612-624-3333 or the Eastcliff Management Office at 612-626-2400.