Speeches and Writing
University of Minnesota Crookston Chancellor Search
Email to University of Minnesota Crookston faculty, students, and staff; and Administrative Email List (AEL)
February 7, 2012
As you know, University of Minnesota Crookston Chancellor Charles H. Casey announced his intention to retire on June 30, 2012, after completing 7 years of exceptional service as chancellor. Consequently, we have launched a national search for a new chancellor of the Crookston campus.
The Chancellor of University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC) is the chief executive officer of the Crookston campus and is responsible for leading, championing, and leveraging the critical and unique role of the campus in advancing the University's academic, research, and outreach mission. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who possesses excellent judgment and diplomacy, personal and professional integrity, a reputation for working collegially with both internal and external constituencies, and an ability to act as a catalyst for campus creativity, innovation, and progress that will build upon UMC's strength in providing an innovative, hands-on educational experience for students.
We are pleased to announce that Bill Peterson, Professor of Math, Science & Technology at UMC, and Carol Carrier, Special Assistant to the Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration and Professor of Organizational Learning, Policy, and Development, have agreed to co-chair the search. Other members of the search committee were selected to provide broad representation from across the University and externally:
- Alisha Aasness, Student, President of the Crookston Student Association, UMC
- Sue Brorson, Professor and Head, Business Department, UMC
- Pam Elf, Associate Professor, Department of Math, Science & Technology, UMC
- Stephanie Helgeson, Department Director, Athletics, UMC
- Soo-Yin Lim-Thompson, Associate Professor, Liberal Arts and Education, UMC
- Denis Maier, Assistant Professor, Business Department, UMC
- Harouna Maiga, Associate Professor, Agriculture and Natural Resources, UMC
- Roger Moe, Former Majority Leader in the State of Minnesota Senate, and President of National Strategies, Inc.
- Albert Sims, Associate Professor and Director of Operations, Northwest Research and Outreach Center, Crookston
- Pete Wasberg, Director of Human Resources and Safety, Otter Tail Power Company, and Chair of the UMC Advisory Council
- Deb Zak, Regional Director, University of Minnesota Extension, Crookston
We expect that the search committee will meet within the next couple of weeks, at which point they will receive their formal committee charge and provide input on the position description. We plan to post the position by the end of February.
We aim to develop a rich and diverse candidate pool, and invite you to submit applications and nominations for this position. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
1111 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 106
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Refer to code "UMC-Chancellor" in the subject line
If you have questions, or would like more information about the position, search process, or application or nomination procedures, please feel free to contact search committee co-chairs Bill Peterson (email@example.com) or Carol Carrier (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Kate Stuckert from the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.