In the past decade, the field of Periodontology has experienced rapid growth and important advances. As a result, dentists and their teams are experiencing an increase in their responsibility in the areas of the prevention and treatment of gingival and periodontal diseases.
The overall objectives of our periodontal curriculum is to prepare you as the future dental practitioner to:
- Recognize periodontal health.
- Recognize periodontal diseases.
- Prevent periodontal diseases.
- Develop the biological foundation and the clinical ability to treat patients with gingivitis, early and moderate periodontitis.
- Develop a referral program for patients exhibiting advanced periodontal diseases, and
- Learn how to organize and manage maintenance programs of periodontal health.
An outline of the periodontal curriculum is listed below.