Student learning and development outcomes
From the 2011 Parent Orientation Newsletter
The University of Minnesota student learning and development outcomes are a framework for undergraduate education on the Twin Cities campus. A partial list follows. For the complete list, see Student Development Outcomes.
Learning outcomes At the time of receiving a bachelor’s degree, students:
- Can locate and critically evaluate information.
- Have mastered a body of knowledge and a mode of inquiry.
- Can communicate effectively. Development outcomes As they progress toward their degree, students will develop and demonstrate:
- Responsibility and accountability by making appropriate decisions on behavior and accepting the consequences of their actions.
- Resilience by recovering and learning from setbacks or disappointments.
- Appreciation of differences by recognizing the value of interacting with individuals with backgrounds and perspectives different from their own.