Parent Weekend Committee
What We're Looking For
Students looking to make an important impact at the University of Minnesota. Planning Parent’s Weekend for such a large campus is a fun and truly rewarding experience. We are looking for individuals who can think of new, creative, and unique ideas that both students and their parents can enjoy together. You must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, act in a professional manner, work in a fast-paced environment and operate as part of a team or as an individual. Additionally, you need to have patience, flexibility, strong organizational skills and the willingness to represent the University of Minnesota with pride and respect.
What You’ll Gain
Parents Weekend Committee members will gain valuable leadership experience as they participate in a campus initiative to promote student success through parental involvement. Students will increase their involvement on campus, gain leadership experience and expand their knowledge about the University of Minnesota. In addition, the event will enhance communication, organization, planning, problem solving, and personal relationship skills.
- Work with the Parent Program intern to successfully plan and execute Parents Weekend events.
- Fulfill the position appointment from March 2013 – October 2013; approximately 2-3 hours per week.
- Brainstorm ideas for and contribute to new marketing initiatives aimed at student involvement in Parents Weekend.
- Determine practical partnerships and involvement with campus and community groups.
- Work with numerous campus resources including staff, clubs, departments and organizations and also local businesses, neighborhood associations, and other community groups.
- Develop and distribute promotional materials.
- Be readily available throughout summer 2013 and attend weekly meetings with the Parent Program intern.
- Maintain professionalism when working with students and parents as representatives for the University of Minnesota.
- Assist with set-up, execution, and take-down of Parents Weekend events.
- Keep organized files and accurate records on events to guide the work of future committees.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as necessary.
Contact Parent Program intern Morgan Benoy at email@example.com if you have any questions.
2011 Parent Weekend Committee
Applications for the Parent Weekend Committee are due on Friday, April 12, 2013.