Main navigation | Main content
1. Do I need to participate in a biometric health screening before I take the wellness assessment?
No. The information you receive from biometric health screenings, such as your blood pressure and cholesterol level, is not required when you are taking the wellness assessment. You do, however, need to know your height and weight. What’s important to remember is that when your screening values are included in the questionnaire, the feedback you get from the assessment is more useful to you.
Regardless of the order in which you take the assessment and/or participate in biometric health screenings, you will still be able to earn 100 wellness points for each activity. This, provided that you meet the following deadlines:
2. Once I have completed a points-earning wellness activity, when will the points be reflected in My Points Program?
After completing an activity, the wellness points you earned may appear in your Wellness Points Bank (which is located on the StayWell Online website) at various times depending upon the activity in which you participated. The chart below can give you a better appreciation of the amount of time it will take to update your points bank.
|Wellness Activity||Wellness Points||Points Appear in My Points Bank |
(Times are approximate)
|Wellness assessment||100 points||Complete assessment + 24 hours|
|Biometric health screening||100 points||Biometric health screening + 4 - 6 weeks|
|NextSteps® health coaching by phone||150 or 200 points||Complete third coaching call + 3 - 4 weeks|
|Face-to-face health coaching||150 points||Complete third coaching session + 4 - 6 weeks|
|Tobacco Cessation program||150 points||Complete third call with quit coach + 4 - 6 weeks|
|Weight Management||150 points||Weight Watchers - Complete 14th meeting + 4 - 6 weeks |
Create Your Weight - Complete 9th class + 4 - 6 weeks
|Healthy Living program||50 points||Complete 6-week online program + 24 hours|
|Healthy Pregnancy||50 points||Complete third call with nurse + 4 - 6 weeks|
|Step It Up! program||50 points||Complete six-week program + 24 hours|
|Fit Choices dues reimbursement||75 points or 125 points||Earn six monthly dues credits + 6 weeks|
|Bicycle commuter program||75 points||50 round trip commutes + 4 - 6 weeks|
|Annual flu shot pledge||25 points||Submit pledge + 24 hours|
|Non-tobacco user pledge||25 points||Submit pledge + 24 hours|
|Medication Therapy Management||100 points||3 face-to-face visits with MTM pharmacist + 4-6 weeks|
|Specialty Therapy Management||100 points||3 phone calls with program nurse + 4-6 weeks|
3. How do I take the annual flu shot pledge to earn 25 wellness points?
To pledge that you have had a flu shot within the past 12 months follow these steps:
4. How do I take the non-tobacco user pledge to earn 25 points?
If you have not used tobacco products for at least the past six months, or if you have never used tobacco, you may take the tobacco-free pledge and earn 25 Wellness Points.
To pledge that you are a non-tobacco user follow these steps:
5. How can I earn 75 wellness points for participating in Fit Choices, a program in which a UPlan member can be reimbursed up to $20 per month for fitness center membership dues?
First, you will need to join or re-enroll in Fit Choices at a participating fitness center.* Then, when you work out eight times a month, your visits are automatically tracked and recorded by your fitness center. If, by July 31, 2014, you have earned six monthly dues reimbursements (of up to $20 per month), you will earn either 75 points for exercising 8 times a month, or 125 points for exercising 12 or more times a month.
*To join or re-enroll in Fit Choices you will need to bring your Medica ID card along when you sign up at your fitness center; if you belong to a University of Minnesota recreational center, registration takes place online.
6. When can I enroll in the Step It Up! program?
7. What if I enjoy getting my exercise by swimming, or bicycling, or some other type of physical activity? How can I earn wellness points for being physically active when these types of exercise are not specifically included in the Wellness Points Program?
Wellness My Way is a self-directed approach to reach a personal wellness goal. Options include a race or other athletic event, in-home exercise, University-sponsored programs, alternative weight management programs, team sports, fitness classes, and personal training sessions.
8. How can I be assured that I have received by reimbursement for the registration fees that I paid up front for weight management programs, or Group Strength Express or Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction?
Reimbursements for Weight Watchers at Work®, Create Your Weight, Group Strength Express, Mindfulness in Motion, and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programs are all directly deposited into a personal checking or savings account that you specified upon registration. It can take up to 6-8 weeks after completing a program before you will be reimbursed for the fees you paid up front.
When you have not received payment of your wellness rewards, or the reimbursements that you have earned, please contact email@example.com.
9. How can I see how many points I earned last year?
To see you historical points information, sign into StayWell Online and click on My Points Bank, then click on My Historical Points - 2014 Premium Reductions.
10. Who do I contact with questions about the programs or about My Points?
Telephone the StayWell HelpLine at: 866-341-1170.
Deadline to wellness earn points: August 31, 2014
Deadline to take the wellness assessment (100 points):
March 31, 2014