Wellness My Way
- Earn 50 points: Achieve a self-directed, personal health or wellness goal of your choice
- Get started: Select one of the options for achievement listed below
- Completion requirements: Participate for the required length of time; report your results when you log in to StayWell Online
- Deadline to complete: August 31, 2013
More About Wellness My Way
Wellness My Way is a self-directed, self-reported* approach to accomplish a personal health or wellness goal. The program is powered by you; it capitalizes on your personal interests and your preferred method to stay active and healthy.
From the options listed below, choose what you want to accomplish. Map out your method to meet your goal. It can be something you are already doing to stay well. In the end, you will be required to report your goal and the date on which you complete your goal by logging in to StayWell Online. This is the same website which hosts your wellness assessment results, My Points Bank, and other Wellness Program offerings. You and your spouse/same-sex domestic partner will be able to earn 50 points just one time during a calendar year in Wellness My Way.
What You Can Do Through Wellness My Way to Earn 50 Points
Here are the options you may choose from for your self-directed wellness goal:
- Race, athletic event** – Complete an event such as a 5k, 10k, or marathon
- Exercise in your home** – Two times per week for 30 minutes each day for six months
- University-sponsored programs – Group Strength Express, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, a campus or department-wide challenge
- Alternative weight management programs** – Participate or attend meetings for 14 weeks; alternative options can vary such as Seattle Sutton’s, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers® online or in your community
- Team sports, fitness classes, and personal training sessions** – Participate one day a week for one hour per day for six months (e.g., attend yoga or pilates classes, join a recreational basketball team)
Step-by-step instructions to report results
- Log in to StayWell Online, then, select the My Points Bank tab which brings you to a list of activities and an account of your progress to date
- Scroll down until you reach the final section of the page entitled: Wellness My Way
- From the list of options, select the activity you completed
- Using the mini-calendar, enter today’s date
*Self-reported data is subject to a random audit. **Fees associated with participation in Wellness My Way events, programs, or classes will not be reimbursed by the Wellness Program.