Self-Directed Wellness Activity
- Earn 50 wellness points.
- Completion requirements: Participate for the required length of time; report your results when you log in to StayWell Online.
- Deadline to complete: August 31, 2015.
From the options listed below, choose what you want to accomplish. In the end, you will be required to report your goal and the date on which you complete your goal by logging in to your StayWell Online profile. If you are a spouse or dependent, you can access StayWell Online directly here. You and your spouse will be able to earn 50 wellness points for a self-directed activity just once during a program year.
Earn 50 Points for a Self-Directed Wellness Activity
Here are the options you may choose from for your self-directed wellness goal:
- Race, athletic event** – Complete an event such as a 5k, 10k, or marathon
- Exercise in your home** – Two times per week for 30 minutes each day for six months
- Alternative weight management programs** – Participate or attend meetings for 14 weeks; alternative options can vary such as Seattle Sutton’s, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers® online or in your community
- Team sports, fitness classes, and personal training sessions** – Participate one day a week for one hour per day for six months (e.g., attend yoga or pilates classes, join a recreational basketball team)
Step-by-step instructions to report results
- Log in to StayWell Online, then select the Programs and Progress tab which brings you to a list of activities and an account of your progress to date
- Scroll down until you reach the final section of the page entitled "Self-Directed Wellness Activity"
- From the list of options, select the activity you completed
- Using the mini-calendar, enter today’s date
*Self-reported data is subject to a random audit. **Fees associated with participation in Wellness My Way events, programs, or classes will not be reimbursed by the University