Get Money Back for Watching Your Weight
Participate in an on-campus weight management program and get your registration fees reimbursed when you meet the attendance requirements.
The weight management programs are open to employees and spouses/same-sex domestic partners who are covered by the UPlan Medical Program.
For 2013- 2014: A participant will also be able to earn 150 points for his/her Wellness Points Bank by completing weight management programs no later than August 31, 2014.
Find the Program on Your Campus
Find a meeting along with information about how to enroll in a program on your campus:
Weight Management Programs Available
Weight Watchers® at Work
- The program offers motivational support for weight loss and maintenance in a group setting. The weekly meetings are led by a facilitator who has successfully completed the Weight Watchers® program.
- The attendance requirement for fee reimbursement: 14 meetings over a four-month period of time.
- With Monthly Pass, register and pay online.
- Going forward, your credit/debit card will automatically be charged each month unless you cancel your Weight Watchers account. Please call 866-204-2885 to cancel your account.
- You can be reimbursed three times in one calendar year up to a lifetime maximum total of six reimbursements. Your reimbursement will total $159.80 for four months of weekly meetings. While you may be reimbursed more than one time during the year, the maximum number of wellness points that can be earned in a program year for completing weight management is 150 points.
Create Your Weight: Twin Cities Campus Only
Spring Semester dates:
- This program is offered through the University of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview. The program focuses on behavior modification and includes a measurement of your rate of metabolism.
- Attendance requirement for fee reimbursement: 9 out of 11 classes.
- You can enroll and be reimbursed for this program only once per calendar year.
- Pre-register for Create Your Weight: Call 612-672-7272 before the first meeting of a currently scheduled session.
- Pay $235 program fee with a check or credit card.
- Weigh-in, receive instructional materials, and undergo rate of metabolism breath test.
Mondays, January 6-March 17
4:30-5:30pm, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Hospital Boardroom, 8th floor
Tuesdays, January 7-March 10
7:30-8:30am OR 11:30-12:30pm, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Hospital Boardroom, 8th floor
Earn points for lower Premiums in 2015
- Earn 150 wellness points
- Attend the required number of weight management meetings or classes by August 31, 2014
You must create an online account to receive your reimbursement of your registration fees.
Weight Watchers at Work - $159.80 for four months of meetings.
Create Your Weight - $235.00 for nine classes.
Create an account now
(opens new window)
- As a member of Weight Watchers at Work you can be reimbursed for three programs within one calendar year and a maximum of six total reimbursements. You can be reimbursed for Create Your Weight just one time during a calendar year.
Wellness Points Bank At-A-Glance
Find out more about the many activity options available on the Wellness Point Bank chart (pdf)
Find out more information in the Wellness Points Bank overview (pdf)