Tobacco Cessation Program
- Earn 150 Points: Get the guidance, support, and resources you need to end nicotine dependence.
- Get started: When you're ready to quit, call Medica at 800-934-4824 to speak to a coach.
- Completion requirements: Three over-the-phone counseling sessions by August 31, 2014.
- Deadline to enroll: May 31, 2014
- Deadline to complete: August 31, 2014
Calling it quits is not always easy, but the benefits of not using tobacco or nicotine are real. And they are almost immediate! You can realize a decrease in blood pressure and heart rate, discover improvements in circulation and lung function, and lower the risk for heart attack. Medica's Tobacco Cessation program provides the support you need to kick the habit for good.
When you enroll no later than May 31, 2014, and complete the Tobacco Cessation program from Medica by August 31, 2014, you can earn 150 points for your Wellness Points Bank. Wellness points accumulated between October 1, 2013, and August 31, 2014, can be used to reduce the cost of your 2015 UPlan Medical Program premiums by $300 or $400.
How does the Tobacco Cessation program work?
If you are ready to kick the habit, call 1-800-934-4824. This Medica program offers:
- Up to five sessions with a Quit Coach
- A personalized quit plan and self-help materials
- Information about medications that can help you quit
- If medically appropriate, an eight-week supply of nicotine replacement therapy (e.g., gum, patches, lozenges) mailed to your home at no cost
- Additional online resources
Earn points for lower Premiums in 2015
Deadline to complete the program: August 31, 2014
Tobacco Cessation program (150 points)
Ready to call it quits? Call: 1-800-934-4824
Medica Tobacco Cessation program
Wellness Points Bank:
- StayWell HelpLine: 866-341-1170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-UOHR Phone Center:
Wellness Points Bank At-A-Glance
- Check out the many activity options available on the Wellness Points Bank chart (pdf)
- Find out more information in the Wellness Points Bank overview (pdf)