NextSteps Health Coaching
- Earn 150 or 200 points: Visit with a health coach over the phone to manage a medical condition or make a lifestyle change.
- Get started: Call the StayWell HelpLine at 866-341-1170 to speak with a health coach.
- Completion requirements: Participate in a minimum of three telephone sessions, although you are encouraged to complete additional sessions.
- Deadline to enroll: May 31, 2013
- Deadline to complete: August 31, 2013
More about Health Coaching by Phone
Eating better, losing weight, or getting in shape may be easier for you when you have the support of a health coach. A coach available by telephone, can provide unbiased information to help you develop a personalized plan to change behavior. A coach can help you:
- explore what the Wellness Program has to offer
- set realistic fitness and nutrition goals
- design an action plan that is right for you
Who Is Eligible for Health Coaching
As a UPlan member, you and your UPlan-covered spouse/same-sex domestic partner are eligible to have a health coach who works with you by telephone. Through the Wellness Program an effort is being made to offer coaching to employees who are most likely to benefit from the confidential services of a specially-trained health coach.
Earn 150 or 200 Wellness Points in 2012 - 2013
- As a UPlan member, when you complete the required number of over-the-phone coaching sessions no later than August 31, 2013, you can accumulate points for your Wellness Points Bank which can be used to reduce the cost of your UPlan Medical Program premiums by $300 or $400. The points will be awarded just one time in 2013 for participation in health coaching by phone.
- 200 wellness points - Health coaching for medical condition management. Get help to manage a medical condition such as diabetes, asthma, lung, or heart disease.
- 150 wellness points - Health coaching for lifestyle change. Get support to make lifestyle changes in areas such as stress or weight management, nutrition, physical activity or nicotine dependence.
Already have a telephone-based health coach? Then, ask the professional during your next coaching session exactly what your status is for earning 150 or 200 wellness points.
Starting with a Health Coach
As a UPlan member, you (or your spouse/same-sex domestic partner) have three ways to get started with a health coach.
- If the confidential results of the wellness assessment indicate that you or your spouse/partner can benefit from a health improvement program, you will be invited online to enlist a health coach, or, a coach will call you.
- If an existing medical condition or disease is brought to the attention of coaches due to claims that you or your dependents submitted against your UPlan medical program coverage, you will be contacted by an enrollment specialist.
- If you want the advice and support of a health coach you can telephone the University's provider of coaching services, StayWell Health Management. Call: 866-341-1170.
To ensure your privacy, the University has contracted with StayWell Health Management, an independent provider based outside of the University to deliver health coaching services by telephone six days a week.
If you want to opt out of Nextsteps® health coaching, call the StayWell Helpline at 866-341-1170.
Depending upon where you work and live, face-to-face coaching may also be available for you or your UPlan-covered spouse/partner. In-person health coaching services are offered on campus in Duluth, Morris, and in the Twin Cities.
start October 1, 2012, to Earn points for
lower Premiums in 2014
Deadline to enroll: May 31, 2013
Deadline to complete: August 31, 2013
NextSteps® Health Coaching (150 or 200 points).
Wellness Points Bank
- StayWell HelpLine: 866-341-1170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-UOHR Phone Center:
Wellness Points Bank At-A-Glance
Check out the many activity options available on the Wellness Points Bank chart
Find out more information in the Wellness Points Bank overview