Online Training System Requirements
In order to participate in online training and assessments, it is critical that you:
- disable pop-up blockers, or your course completion will not be recorded
- have the most current version of Flash Player installed
- have Java installed
- have confirmed that your web browser meets all Moodle technical requirements
If these requirements are not followed, scoring on assessments will tally incorrectly. Please see below for detailed instructions about Flash Player, pop-up blockers, and Java.
You will need to disable pop-up blockers in your browser. Some blockers may be turned off on Windows by right clicking an icon on the system tray, next to where the clock resides. The most recent version of Internet Explorer has a built-in pop-up blocker. To configure your browser to enable pop-ups, see the directions below.
- Go to Tools > Options or Firefox > Preferences.
- Click on the Content tab.
- Make sure the Block pop-up windows checkbox is not selected.
- Download the Java plugin from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp. This may take some time depending on the speed of your connection.
- Choose Save File and save the file to your desktop.
- Close your browser.
- Double-click the file you downloaded in step 2 above and run the installation program, choosing all the defaults.
- After you install Java, make sure that you have switched to the Sun Java Virtual Machine, as follows:
- Open the Windows Control Panel by selecting Start > Settings > Control Panel. The Control Panel appears.
- Locate and double-select Java Plug-in. The Java Plug-in Control Panel appears.
- Select the Browser tab.
- Under Settings, select the checkbox next to your browser.
- Click <Apply> to save your settings.
- Restart the browser.
If you are using Mac OS X, Java should already be pre-installed. Make sure the plugin is installed by following the steps below.
- Open your hard drive.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Open the Java folder.
- Verify the presence of Java 1.3.1 Plugin Settings and Java 1.4.2 Plugin Settings.
First, review the Online Training FAQ
For technical questions related to online training, contact: