Information Technology Job Family Project
Information Technology (IT) Job Family Study Overview
The University of Minnesota is currently conducting a comprehensive classification and compensation study of the IT job family. The IT job family study is the final pilot study the University is conducting internally before hiring a third-party consultant to expedite the remaining job family studies. As such, the IT job family study will help to define the overall methodology, implementation, and policy implications going forward for the other job family studies, helping to ensure consistency.
The IT job family study includes Information Technology professionals within the Civil Service and P&A employee groups. The Information Technology Job Family Project Team is composed of employees from within the Office of Information Technology (OIT) as well as IT and HR professionals in collegiate or administrative units across the University.
The new IT classification structure includes two career ladders detailed in the tables below: one for IT individual contributors, and the second for IT management.
If you have specific questions about implementation, please direct them to Dan Lu at email@example.com or (612) 625-9027.
Open and download a PDF of the IT Individual Contributor Track Open and download a PDF of the IT Management Track
- First week of May – Information Sessions to Supervisors to understand the new structure and implementation process
- Early May – Employees receive online communication on final results
- Mid May – Information sessions for employees to understand the new structure and implementation process
- Mid May – Supervisors discusses the results and impact with employees
- By May 27 – Employees make decision regarding employee group, if applicable
- June 17 – Pay period beginning date; activation of new job classifications
- July 3 – Date by which employee can appeal the results
- July 10 – Payday and pay changes, if applicable, appear on employee paychecks
IT Job Family Study Team
- Scott Studham – Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO), OIT
- Lori Lamb – Director of Operations, OHR
- Dan Lu – Compensation Analyst/Project Lead, OHR
- Grant Clavelle – IT Director, ASR
- Ed Deegan – IT Director, AHC
- Linda Deneen – IT Director, UM Duluth
- Jim Hall – IT Director, UM Morris
- Kim Kopplin – HR Consulting Team Manager, OHR
- Steve Levin – CIO, University Services
- Leslee Mason – HR Director, Extension
- Kendric Moore – HR Manager, OIT
- Nan Moore – HR Director, CEHD
- Renee Rivers – Senior IT Director, OIT