Preparing Future Faculty Courses
Preparing Future Faculty offers two core graduate-level courses. To receive a letter of recognition and certificate of program participation from the Graduate School, participants must complete GRAD 8101 and GRAD 8200 "Practicum for Future Faculty."
Students who have already completed their degrees or are not currently enrolled in a U of M degree granting program have two enrollment options:
- Enroll for graduate credit. This option is often preferred by students attending other Higher Ed. institutions and intending to transfer the credits for this program. Enrolling for graduate credit means the student will pay graduate credit tuition for all courses taken during this term. Before registering, the student must obtain a signed Registration Request for Graduate Credit (for Non-Degree Students) form (pdf) from CTL.
- Enroll for undergraduate credit. This option is an economical way to complete the program. Before registering, the student must obtain a signed letter of authorization to register from CTL. NOTE: you cannot register for undergraduate credit and simultaneously maintain your active status as a graduate student in a degree granting program; therefore, this option is not available for graduate students who alsoneed to enroll in graduate level courses of for thesis credits. For more information or for questions, contact Student OneStop at 612-624-1111.
To obtain your Request for Undergraduate or Graduate Credit form as a Non-Degree student or authorization letter, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your first & last name
- The course you'd like to sign up for (Grad 8101 or 8200)
- Your credit option (graduate or undergraduate)
- The fax number where you would like us to fax the form or letter
The above requirements are in addition to the procedures described at the One Stop Non-Degree Registration site.