Employment Profiles for Spouses/Partners
The spouses and partners of new faculty and staff at the University offer a rich array of talent, education, and experience. They have recently relocated (or are in the process of relocating) to the Twin Cities and are eager to apply their skills in challenging employment settings. Their employment profiles, including links to resumes/vitae, are given below. If you are interested in communicating with any of the spouses/partners, please directly contact that person.
- Baishali Bakshi. I am an economist specializing in qualitative and quantitative modeling, financial options, risk analysis, asset pricing, natural resource management,international trade, economic development, and climate change. I have held research positions in sustainable development, natural resource management, regulatory effects and data analyses in the Wisconsin DNR, South Coast AQMD, the National Marine Fisheries Service, and University of California-Irvine, and teaching positions in Economics and Statistics at Saint Catherine University, Concordia University, University of Minnesota, and University of California-Irvine. I am currently pursuing another graduate degree in wildlife ecology at the University of Minnesota and am looking for part-time employment in the Twin Cities area. I am legally authorized to work in the United States and available for interviews. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Mauvalyn Bowen. I have enjoyed approximately 20 years of international and intercultural work experience in higher education primarily in the Caribbean and North America, with a strong record of student evaluations of my teaching. My most recent successes are: developing an undergraduate degree program in entrepreneurship; establishing a school of entrepreneurship; hiring top-class faculty; and influencing students’ recruitment. I pride myself in being committed to any task I undertake and strive to produce high-quality work at all times. I recently relocated to the Twin Cities to be with my family and am legally eligible to work. I am seeking employment as a faculty with excellent leadership and program development skills and am currently available for in-person interviews. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Gabriele Filieri. I am a Telecommunication Engineer with program and project management experience, oriented to Information Technology and Mobile Networks. I have acquired competences in technical analysis, project management referring to SDLC process, problem solving, negotiation, and budget management. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products for creating and managing project documents and Artemis Project Management. I have worked for six years at Vodafone Group as IT Project Manager, primary Technology point of contact for Business Department. My background also includes two years as software developer for mobile devices and network platforms at Motorola with a particular focus on defect prevention activities. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- James Terry Hall, Jr. I am a contract management professional with extensive business management and legal experience. I am also a licensed attorney in Colorado specializing in business services agreements and land use and title contracts. I am an effective negotiator with strengths using Microsoft Office® products for creating and managing project documents. My background includes four years of energy services experience in oil and gas leasing, land agreements, and wind project maintenance and service scheduling and management. Areas of expertise include: drafting and negotiating agreements, project analysis and risk mitigation, process development and management, vendor selection and negotiation, vendor management. In addition, I am an exceptional project manager recognized for building strong, positive customer/client and employer/employee relationships. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Kyle D. Hebert. I am a highly organized, self-motivated professional with a solid background in journalism and project management. I am also an author with several published pieces online and in print. I am a technically skilled individual adept at systematic research and information analysis. I am experienced in preparing reports, financial documentations, providing customer service and establishing good public relations. I am proficient in maximizing information resources, including Internet research and data processing. I am eager to utilize my professional skills and strengths to contribute to organizational goals. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Melissa Noronha. I am a seasoned Psychiatric Nurse with clinical, health administration, and nursing education experience. My background includes a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing and a BA (Honors) in psychology. I started my career as a direct care nurse in acute and tertiary settings. Subsequently, I excelled in a leadership role as a program manager in a community tertiary psychiatric facility. Most recently, I had the opportunity to be an educator in a Bachelor of Science Nursing Program at a major Canadian University. My strengths include efficient critical thinking, exceptional organizational skills, and excellent time management. I am seeking a position in health management/administration or education. I am available for in-person interviews immediately. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Paul Nordlund. I have a successful track record in business development and account management, experience managing and training multi-national teams, and an MBA in Entrepreneurship. I am seeking a dynamic sales, marketing or product development role with an innovative company in the Twin Cities. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Francis Rojas. I am a Minnesota-licensed attorney practicing in the areas of employment labor, contracts, ERISA, and civil rights. While at William Mitchell College of Law, I was a law student-practitioner in the Tax Clinic and Civil Advocacy Clinic, and interned at the E.E.O.C. I am fluent in Spanish as well as English. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Justin Samuels. I am a senior engineer with significant project management and technical leadership experience. As a senior level innovator and implementer, I am eager to join an organization in an analytical and cross-functional role. Currently, I successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously in the Aerospace/Defense Industry. I am an excellent writer and communicator with a reputation for building productive teams. I have extensive interdisciplinary academic training in applied sciences & engineering. Complex problems requiring strategic and visionary thinking personally challenge me. I hope to apply these strengths to a systems engineering, project management, medical devices, operations research, or other role where my analytical capabilities can provide significant benefit. **Active Security Clearance** Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Sunil K. Singh. I am a MBA student at the Carlson School of Management graduating in Fall 2009 and available for employment in international business ventures where my education in supply chain management can be utilized to look at existing chains with a view to enhance their efficiency and reduce costs. My previous career in the military has provided me with excellent leadership, management, and negotiation skills to manage a diverse, multi-skilled workforce in achieving difficult mission objectives. My business education at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad, India, and my knowledge of business processes in South Asia make me an ideal choice for managing transnational operations with countries of the region. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
- Tomas Soderberg. I am a film and video professional with experience in the Production, Grip/Electric, Camera, and Editing departments. I have a BFA. in Film and Video Production from the Art Institute of Portland in Portland, Oregon, and two years experience working as a freelance employee for a variety of commercial, narrative and documentary film, and event productions in the Portland area. I am especially interested in collaborating and crewing on documentary and narrative film productions. I now live with my family in Minneapolis and am available for meetings and interviews. Resume/Vitae (pdf)
Please contact the Relocation Assistance Program if you have any questions. Thank you for your support of the University of Minnesota.
- Ruth Torres. I am a professional in Finance and International Relations and fluent in Spanish and English. I have worked with banks, a telecommunications company, and a government entity. In these companies, I served in different areas such as microfinance, where I evaluated the finances of companies seeking loans from the bank and promoted the bank’s microfinance services, and in collections, where I renegotiated overdue loans with customers. In the commercial and administrative areas, I managed facilities, supervised staff, provided assistance to clients, and promoted sales. Resume/Vitae (pdf)