MOU - Conflict of Interest
The content of this page applies to UEA employees on the University of Minnesota, Duluth campus.
It is agreed and understood between the parties that the following constitutes a full and final agreement regarding the application of Regents' Conflict of Interest Policies, dated April 8, 1994, as modified by the following terms.
- There shall be one Conflict Review Committee (CRC) for the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD). It shall be composed of five (5) Members, one (1) from each of the collegiate units, one (1) representative from NRRI, one (1) representative from outside the University, and one (1) non-voting representative from ORTTA.
- The Associate Vice-President for Research shall select one (1) representative from the UMD campus to serve on the Public-Private Partnership Committee (PPPC).
- If discipline of a Member is being considered due to h/her failure to comply with the policy, the Employer's actions shall follow Section 1000.000 of the collective bargaining agreement.
Review and appeal steps and timelines shall be modified as follows:
- During the review process, the Department Head's role shall be limited to considering and recommending a course of action to the Principal Administrator.
- During the review process, the Principal Administrator shall make a determination within ten (10) days of receiving the recommendation from the Department Head.
- If the Principal Administrator's determination is to classify that activity as Category IIB (potential conflict of interest), the Principal Administrator shall refer the matter to the CRC.
- If the Principal Administrator's determination is to classify that activity as Category III (prohibited), the Member may appeal within ten (10) days to the Principal Administrator who shall refer the matter to the CRC.
- The CRC will make a determination within twenty (20) days from the date the matter was referred. The Principal Administrator will act on the recommendation of the CRC.