Article 6 Non-Discrimination
6.1 The employer and the union agree that there shall be no discrimination by the employer or the union against employees because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or perceived sexual orientation, age, union affiliation, veteran status or marital status, or because of physical disability with respect to a position the duties of which can be performed adequately by an individual with such a physical disability without danger to the health or safety of the physically disabled person or to others.
6.2 The employer and the union agree that all employees have a right to a work environment free of sexual harassment.
6.3 Sexual harassment is conduct as defined in 6.4, that has as its purpose or effect: (1) substantial interference with an individual's work performance; or (2) creation of an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
6.4 Sexual harassment encompasses a wide range of unwanted, sexually directed behavior including:
- --verbal harassment or abuse (perhaps in the guise of "humor")
- --subtle pressure for sexual activity
- --sexually directed remarks about a worker's clothing, body, or sexual activities
- --unwanted touching, patting, or pinching
- --leering or ogling at a worker's body
- --demanding sexual favors accompanied by implied or overt threats
- --physical assault