MOU - UMD Second Vacation Bid
Second Vacation Bid
The parties agree to a one year non-grievable pilot project to permit UMD police officers to have a second vacation bid. The limitations or rules relating to the first bid would apply to the second bid unless modified herein. Additional limitations on second vacation bids apply as follows:
- All officers would be given an opportunity to make a first bid or pass prior to officers making a second bid. An officer’s second bid is only permitted after that officer’s first bid has been noted on the vacation pick folder.
- A second bid would be limited to times when no other officer from either crew is on vacation. This includes the protected time associated with the vacation days.
- The second pick would be limited in length to a period that would not exceed 12 protected days which would include the days of vacation (i.e., 4 days of vacation and 4 protected days on either side of the vacation days)
- There would be a black out period in which second picks would not be permitted. That period is from move-in day through the Saturday following Halloween.
- Second bid process shall not create a greater obligation to cover overtime than currently exists in current bidding process.
- A second vacation bid could occur in instances in which there is an extra power shirt. This shall not apply in the event the employer abolished extra power shifts.
UMD officers will rebid currently open shift rotation schedule vacation based on 64 days per rotation through December 31, 2013. This MOU will go into effect with the next annual bid to take place on or about November 1, 2012
The parties agree to this Memorandum on this 10th day of August, 2012.