MOU - Interpretation of Article 29.4 (For Twin Cities Campus Only)
In the process of negotiations for the 2002-2003 collective Bargaining agreement, the parties reached the following understanding regarding the interpretation of Article 29.4.
The Employer shall pay double time for hours worked in excess of twelve (12) in a shift under the following circumstances:
- To cover a shift shortage as determined by a supervisor;
- To cover a shift extension, such as a late arrest that requires an officer to stay beyond twelve (12) consecutive hours;
- Scheduled hours necessitated by an emergency declared by the Chief; or
- Forced overtime for a special event.
Further, the parties agree that:
- The Department has the ability to assign the officers to work more than twelve consecutive hours when necessary;
- In assigning overtime, the Article allows the Department to skip over the least senior employees if such assignment would result in an officer working more than twelve (12) consecutive hours; and
- Voluntary acceptance of overtime assignments that result in an office working more than twelve (12) consecutive hours shall be paid at time and a half (1 ½ X).
The parties agree to this Memorandum on this 12th day of May, 2014.