Letter of Understanding - Jurisdiction
If there is excess work in one jurisdiction and qualified people in another jurisdiction, who are not busy, the employer may temporarily reassign employee(s) across jurisdictional lines, between the Teamster and Local 1-B bargaining units under these conditions:
- This agreement is not intended to prepare employees for eventual transfer from one jurisdiction to another. It is only to be used in an emergency work flow situation.
When the situation warrants :
- Teamster unit employees will catch and feed on 1B unit equipment.
- Teamster unit employees will operate numbering equipment.
- Operators will continue to be paid normal rates and be treated in accordance with their own labor contract.
- Employer will make the request for crossover to Shop Steward, or the steward designee, who in turn will contact a local union officer for concurrence. The crossover will occur within 15 minutes of the request unless a local union officer has denied the request. If unable to contact a local union officer, the shop steward has the authority to concur.