Top Ten Things You Can Do Before Starting at the U
Get off to a good start and get up-to-speed faster in your new career here at the University of Minnesota by following these 10 tips.
- Explore the New Employee Orientation website.
- Find your building and nearby parking or bus stops on a campus map.
- Watch the Parking and Transportation presentation.
- Read the Benefits and Retirement orientations.
Obtain your internet ID from your new department.
If you can obtain an ID prior to your start date, proceed to #6. If you are unable to get your ID early, complete the remaining tasks during your first week.
- Set up your employee email account.
- Get your U Card.
- Fill out your portion of the online I-9 form. The I-9 Employee Reference Guide (pdf) will assist you in filling out this form.
- Sign up for direct deposit on the Employee Self-Service site. Click "Direct Deposit" in the list of self-service actions.
- Register for the New Employee Orientation program.