University of Minnesota
Office of Human Resources

Community Employers

 Employing University of Minnesota Accompanying Partners

Each year, the University of Minnesota hires over 200 new faculty and staff that relocate to Minnesota. Their accompanying spouses and partners bring with them a rich array of talent, education, and experience and are eager to apply their skills in challenging employment settings. A typical accompanying spouse/partner has:

  • earned a Master’s degree
  • acquired 10 years of work experience
  • mastered a second language
  • lived in several locations in the United States or outside the country

The employment profiles of these accompanying spouse/partners, including links to resumes/vitae, are available for viewing at the Employment Profiles for Spouses/Partners web page. If you are interested in communicating with any of the spouses/partners, please directly contact that person.

Some spouses/partners who will be moving to Minnesota in the next several months have not yet posted their profiles. If you have or anticipate an employment opening but don’t find a match in the list, contact the Relocation Assistance Program and we’ll connect you with qualified candidates.

Employers across the Twin Cities and the state that have recently benefited from hiring the accompanying spouses/partners of new U of M faculty and staff include: Allina Health, Cargill, Egan Companies, Fleishman-Hillard, Germanic-American Institute, New River Medical Center, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and US Bank.

RAP’s Employment Partner’s Program helps accompanying spouses/partners learn more about Minnesota employers and identify key organizational contacts. The program generates exposure and fosters good will for participating companies and organizations. These employers become the first in the Twin Cities business community to know about the talented professionals moving to the area. To participate in the Employment Partner’s Program, contact Mary Everley, RAP’s program director, at 612-626-0775 or

GoldPASS, the University’s external job website, provides another place where your organization can post jobs that will be viewed by spouses and partners, as well as by current University students and recent alumni. For more information on posting jobs to GoldPASS, contact RAP. To reach other U of M Career Services offices, visit