Emergency Medical Assistance Program
Medical and Emergency Evacuation Coverage
- Doctor and hospital fees
- Emergency dental expenses
- Evacuation to U.S. style care
- Direct payment to international providers
- Repatriation of remains
- Special trip expenses for minor children traveling with you, or a companion needed to assist you during the emergency
- Underwritten by A+ Rated Carrier
Travel Emergency Assistance
- 24/7 Coverage
- Toll free 1-800 Access
- International travel coverage (not for expenses incurred in the U.S.)
- Trip Interruption/Cancellation & Lost Baggage Options
For More Information
FrontierMEDEX customer service representatives who can answer your questions and help you enroll are available at 1-800-732-5309 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
- TravMed Abroad will not cover pre-existing conditions unless they have been "in control" for the past six months. The policy does not cover mental or emotional disorders, or non-emergency care.
- Whenever possible, TravMed Abroad pays your international medical providers directly in event of an emergency medical claim. They will then file a claim with your UPlan or other retiree medical insurance carrier for amounts that would be covered by your medical plan. All UPlan medical options provide coverage for urgent and emergency medical care received anywhere in the world. However, in the event services provided through TravMed Abroad are not covered under your UPlan or other retiree medical insurance plan, they will be covered by the TravMed Abroad program, up to the limits of the policy.
- The TravMed Abroad program available to University retirees over age 65 covers emergencies during international travel only. The FrontierMEDEX program available to UPlan active employees and retirees under age 65 also includes emergencies during travel in the United States, if at least 100 or more miles from home.