Within 30 days of your marriage date, you may make the following changes:
- Add your spouse to your medical or dental plan with coverage effective on the date of your marriage
- Enroll in a flexible spending account or change the amount effective with the first full payroll period following the date of your marriage
- Add spouse life insurance in amounts of $5,000 or $10,000 without evidence of good health
Call 4-UOHR (612-624-8647 or 800-756-2363) within 30 days to request these benefit changes. After the 30-day window, you need to wait until the next available open enrollment period to make the changes.
At any time during the year, you can make the following changes:
- Add spouse life insurance, subject to underwriting, up to a maximum of $500,000
- Add or increase employee additional life insurance, subject to underwriting, up to $500,000 or, if greater, five times your annual salary but not more than $1 million
- Add or increase the amount of short-term disability, subject to underwriting
- Update your beneficiary on your retirement and insurance plans
You can update your personal and tax information on the Employee Self-Service site.
Update Personal Information
- Update your address
- Change your name
- Add your new spouse as an emergency contact.
Update Your W-4 Tax Information
- Update the number of federal and state withholding allowances
- Update your marital status
- Calculate your net pay, or "take-home" pay, based on changes your W-4 allowances