1-HELP on Campus
Moves, Adds, Changes and Status Line:
Web Site Comments
NTS > Rates > Journal > Invoices
Instructions to get to invoices
- The invoices are at https://customers.nts.umn.edu/webapp
- You will be prompted to login with your X500 validation.
- If any popup screens appear about Security Certificates, click 'Yes' or 'OK' to proceed. Twice is normal. You need to allow pop-ups from the site customers.nts.umn.edu and add this to your browser list of Trusted Site. (See our FAQ page for details).
- The U of M Internet Login screen appears. Login with your X500 id and password.
- The "Menu" will appear - The left side lists the current choices available for our NTS customers.
- Click on 'View Reports'. A list of the reports you are authorized to view should appear. The titles are in the format of "YYYY MM DD INVOICE AREA XXX". You may use the asterisk "*" wildcard character to quickly jump to a particular invoice. Example: Search for Report Title 2004 12 * 804. (See our FAQ page for details).
Instructions to view invoice detail
- In order to have access to view NTS invoices, you will need your RRC Manager approval. Your RRC manager can either fax (with their signature) 612-626-7337 or email email@example.com with the following information: persons name who needs access to NTS invoices, their X500 id and their phone number.
- If you want to see the detail of the invoice, put your cursor on the report title and click. Wait a few seconds for the report to appear.
- You should be seeing "Page 1" of the "Summary of Charges" for the first PeopleSoft Chartstring under your particular AREA.
- The left column is the index of your PeopleSoft Chartstring. You can click on any PeopleSoft Chartstring on the index to bring up that invoice.
- On the TOP bar, you have options to print, export, change the displayed page size, and more options
- |< = goes to the top of the file (first PeopleSoft Chartstring shown on your index).
- < goes back one page
- > goes forward one page (this will bring up the detail pages)
- | will take you to the end of the file.
- Customers who use the Firefox browser need to "export" or "email" the invoice in pdf format or use Internet Explorer to see the full invoice.
Instructions to print invoice detail
Problems you might encounter
Frequently Asked Questions
- Viewing the detail of the reports may require the installation of additional plug-ins. You will see either a blank page, a RED -X Or a 'Java' coffee cup, if you are missing the Crystal Reports Viewer.
- If your machine prompts or redirects you to Java.com, then install the plug-ins that are suggested.
- If you are not getting any prompts or redirects:
- PC/Internet Explorer (supported version 5.5. or higher): Install the Crystal Reports Viewer. Open and install the npviewer.exe from http://www.mangrovesoftware.com/npviewer.exe
- PC/Netscape (supported version 7.1 or higher): Install the Java Plug-In 1.4.2 04 from http://www.java.com/en/download/
- MAC's require current versions of IE or Netscape and the same security changes as the PC versions for pop-ups and trusted sites.
- If you are still not seeing the reports after installing the viewer plug-in, please refer to the FAQ page and look for similar problems.
- If you do not find that the FAQ has a fix for your situation, please submit a Customer Trouble Report this is for reporting problems trying to access our customer service webpage only. If you want to report problems with what you have been charged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with browser settings to view your NTS invoice, please contact
1-HELP on Campus (612-301-4357)
and select option 3. Direct all billing questions to email@example.com or call 6-2000.