"Design in 7" - Seven leading Minnesota design professionals to tell tales from the trenches April 14
Early registration is recommended for this popular event
March 24, 2011
Whether you’re an aspiring designer or established practitioner looking to compare notes with peers, the University of Minnesota College of Design is hosting the second annual “Design in 7: 7 Stories, 7 Minutes” forum Thursday, April 14.
Design in 7 fosters the exchange of experiences, knowledge and the latest trends in Minnesota architecture, apparel, graphic and interior design, housing, landscape architecture and retail. The College of Design is the only design college in the nation with this varied constellation of disciplines.
A quick sell-out in 2010, this year’s event will take place 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the U of M’s Campus Club, Coffman Memorial Union, 300 Washington Ave. S.E., Minneapolis.
Presented by the College of Design Student and Alumni Board, Design in 7 features seven notable Twin Cities professionals who will share thought-provoking, inspiring and sometimes curious tales from the trenches. Speakers will have seven minutes each for their presentation.
· Julie Snow, founder of Julie Snow Architects
· Quan Hoang, chief creative officer, Pixel Farm Digital
· Alan Arthur, president/CEO, Aeon
· Bruce Chamberlain, vice president and principal, Hoisington Koegler Group, Inc.
· Lyn Berglund, director of interior design, Mohagen Hansen
· Kristina Klockars, vice president, Hot Mama
· Barry Kudrowitz, product designer and assistant professor of product design, U of M College of Design
A reception with presenters will follow the program. General admission is $20, University of Minnesota Alumni Association member discount is $15 and students pay $5; registration is required at z.umn.edu/d7. On Twitter: #D7in7.