Last year, President Bruininks delivered his State of the U address on the Morris campus.
State of the U 2007
Live streaming video available
Feb. 28, 2007; updated April 5
University of Minnesota President Bob Bruininks will give the annual State of the University address at 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 5. The address, which was rescheduled because of the March 1 snowstorm, will be delivered at Coffman Memorial Union Theater, 300 Washington Ave. S.E., Minneapolis, and streamed live beginning at 3:55 p.m.
An archive of the video will be available soon after the address on the President's Web site.
Bruininks's speech will focus on the achievements that have been made with the University's strategic positioning initiatives and the need to reset its goals for the future to meet new challenges.
"For the past three years, the University has taken great strides in its bold effort to become one of the top three public research universities in the world, and we deserve to celebrate that success throughout our campuses," Bruininks says. "We must remain persistent in that cause, pursuing a common vision of excellence in order to meet the challenges ahead."
Interactive broadcasts will also be shown at the following sites:
- 100 Dowell Hall, 2900 University Ave., University of Minnesota, Crookston
- 410 Library, 416 Library Dr., University of Minnesota, Duluth
- Science Auditorium, 600 East 4th St., University of Minnesota, Morris
- ST108, University Center Rochester, University of Minnesota, Rochester
- 155 Peters Hall, 1404 Gortner Ave., University of Minnesota, St. Paul
A question and answer session will follow the speech.