OPINION No. 6/2006 (JAPAN) Communication: addressed to the Government on 27 July 2005. Concerning: Mr. Kyaw Htin Aung.
The State is a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
1. (Same text as paragraph 1 of Opinion No. 38/2005.)
2. The Working Group notes with appreciation the information received from the Government of Japan in respect of the case in question.
3. The Working Group further notes that the Government concerned has informed the Group that the above-mentioned person is no longer in detention.
4. The response from the Government was transmitted to the source, which did not communicate any comments.
5. Having examined the available information and without prejudging the nature of the detention, the Working Group decides to file the case of Mr. Kyaw Htin Aung under the terms of paragraph 17 (a) of its methods of work.
Adopted on 11 May 2006.