OPINION No. 5/2007 (QATAR) Communication: addressed to the Government on 6 December 2006. Concerning: Hamed Alaa Eddine Chehadda.
The State is not a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
1. (Same text as paragraph 1 of Opinion No. 32/2006.)
2. The Working Group conveys its appreciation to the Government for having provided the requested information.
3. (Same text as paragraph 3 of Opinion No. 32/2006.)
4. The Working Group further notes that the source informed the Group that Hamed Alaa Eddine Chehadda, who had been arrested on 20 March 2005, was released in November 2006. He is, therefore, no longer in detention.
5. Having examined all the information submitted to it and without prejudging the arbitrary nature of the detention, the Working Group, on the basis of paragraph 17 (a) of its methods of work, decides to file the case.
Adopted on 9 May 2007.