OPINION No. 4/2003 (ALGERIA)
Communication addressed to the Government on 26 September 2002.
Concerning: Karim Abrica, Chabane Adryen, Kader Belaidi, Kamel Bendou, Khadir Benouareth, Karim Benseddouk, Azeddine Ikane, Hocine Kaci, Farès Ouedjdi, Hacène Saleh, Abderrahmane Si-Yahia, Kamel Soufi, Kamel Talbi, Chabane Tiza.
The State is a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
1. (Same text as paragraph 1 of opinion No. 15/2002.)
2. The Working Group conveys its appreciation to the Government for having provided the requisite information concerning the above cases, within the 90-day deadline from the transmission of the letter by the Working Group.
3. (Same text as paragraph 3 of opinion No. 15/2002.)
4. The Working Group notes that the Government has informed it of the conditional release of the persons concerned, by order of the investigating judge on 5 August 2002.
5. Having examined all the information submitted to it and without prejudging the arbitrary nature of the detention, the Working Group decides, to file the cases, pursuant to paragraph 17 (a) of its methods of work.
Adopted on 7 May 2003