OPINION No. 12 /2004 (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)
Communication addressed to the Government on 9 October 2003
Concerning: Ms. Dianellys Morato
The State is a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
1. (Same text as paragraph 1 of opinion No. 20/2003.)
2. The Working Group notes with appreciation the information forwarded by the Government in respect of the cases in question.
3. The Working Group further notes that the Government has informed it that Dianellys Morato was released from detention on 8 January 2004.
4. The response of the Government was transmitted to the source, which did not communicate any comments.
5. Having examined the available information, and without prejudging the nature of the detention, the Working Group decides to file the case of Dianellys Morato under the terms of paragraph 17 (a) of its methods of work.
Adopted on 15 September 2004