Civil Court of Appeal
The Civil Court of Appeal, Republic of Armenia (henceforth Court) investigates the cases of appeal complaints against the verdicts by the court of First Instance, which have not entered into force. The case is investigated in the Court by the rules of investigation in the Court of First Instance with the exception of rules about submitting the quarrels for decision by a Court of Arbitration (article 18), inappropriate changing the irrelevant party (article 31), changing the motivations and the matter of the case, changing the amount requirements of the case, withdrawing the case (article 32), by the introduction of a third party in the case presenting or not presenting his/her own requirements towards the matter of the quarrel (articles 34 and 35), initiating a counterclaim. The decision of the Court enters into force after its publication.
The Court consists of the Chairman and nine judges.
The Chairman of the Court is a judge and has the following authorities:
- Ensures the regular activities of the Court
- Follows the provision of the work discipline of the judges
- Follows the process of meeting the deadlines of investigating cases by the judges, and in missing the deadlines of investigating cases, is representing his judgment to the Ethics Commission of the Council of Courts Chairmen
- In discovering a violation of the requirements of the Discipline legislation, when necessary, respectively sends a report concerning that issue to the Ethics Commission of the Council of Courts Chairmen
- Provides holidays to the judges as prescribed by law
- In case of a holiday or some other temporary absence of the judge, if necessary, redistributes the cases under the latter’s responsibility
- In case of a holiday or some other temporary absence by the chairman of the court, appoints a substitute
- Supervises the activities of the staff of the Court
- Represents the Court in its relations with other bodies
- Performs other authorities prescribed to him/her by law
The Court has a staff which is the separate subdivision of Judicial Department, Republic of Armenia and serves to ensures the regular activities of the court. The legal status and functions of the staff are stated in laws of Republic of Armenia, by the separate special legislation of “The staff of the Civil Court of Appeal - Republic of Armenia Judicial Department-SAI”, by the decisions (orders) of the founder and other legal acts.
One can apply to the Court by submitting documents in the court office or by sending them by post. The judiciary territory of the Court if the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
Web site: The Judiciary of Armenia