Decision 3 (52) on Bosnia and Herzegovina : Bosnia and Herzegovina. 19/03/98.
Convention Abbreviation: CERD
COMMITTEE ON THE ELIMINATION
OF RACIAL DISCRIMINATION
2-20 March 1998
Decision 3 (52) on Bosnia and Herzegovina
1. The Committee, referring to its decisions 2 (47) of 17 August 1995 and 1 (48) of 13 March 1996 on Bosnia and Herzegovina, reiterates its readiness and offer to contribute to the implementation of the General Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina drawn up at Dayton and signed in Paris on 14 December 1995, having regard for the objectives of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
2. The Committee reexamined the situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina under the early warning and urgent procedure and noted the absence of a delegation from Bosnia and Herzegovina at its fiftysecond session.
3. The Committee decided to keep Bosnia and Herzegovina on the list of countries subject to the urgent procedure and to send a letter to the authorities of Bosnia and Herzegovina to inform them that the Committee will examine the situation of their country at its fiftythird session, in August 1998, and that it wishes to meet a delegation from the country at that time.
4. The Committee expresses the desire to gather uptodate information urgently on the situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina by hearing from the representatives of the SecretaryGeneral and issuing an invitation to the Special Rapporteur of the Commission on Human Rights for the former Yugoslavia.
5. The Committee reaffirms its wish to keep the situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina under active review.
19 March 1998