UofM: University Services
Main navigation |
Department Access Coordinators
Department Access Coordinators (also referred to as DACs) serve as Central Security’s partners in each building and department across campus. These individuals are assigned by the Dean, Director or Department Head to coordinate keys and card access within their unit. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Order and issue all department keys.
- Submit all card access requests and clearance levels.
- Maintains accurate records of all access control activities.
- Authorize after hours locksmith and access control services.
- Recover University keys from personnel who are terminated or transferred to another department.
- Return unassigned keys in a timely and secure manner to Central Security.
- Report changes in their or other Access Coordinators’ status.
- Report lost and stolen keys to Central Security.
For information on who your DAC is, please contact Central Security at 612-624-1750.
Key and Card Access Requests
Card Access Request Templates
For DAC's who want a template for access services requests, please see the attachments below. All documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enterprise Key Management System (EKMS) Request Forms
Forms and Policies