Mission Statement: To serve all victims/survivors/concerned people of sexual and relationship violence at the University of Minnesota.
The mission encompasses these goals:
- Deliver free and confidential services to everyone at the University of Minnesota.
- Build partnerships between The Aurora Center and other departments on campus.
- Create awareness around sexual and relationship violence and oppression.
- Provide meaningful volunteer and leadership opportunities.
We envision a campus where:
- Sexual and relationship violence is unacceptable;
- Victims/survivors/concerned people receive the advocacy, compassion, and support they deserve from friends, family, the campus community, as well as from the medical, legal, and criminal justice systems;
- Students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders help us challenge the institutions, practices and policies, and systems that promote sexism, racism, heterosexism, classism, ageism, religious oppression, and the oppression of people with disabilities which are among the root causes of violence.